Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sarah Thompson wants to make a career in Bollywood

The light-eyed American actress Sarah Thompson, who made her Bollywood debut opposite Ranbir Kapoor portraying his American girlfriend in 'Raajneeti', is seriously considering moving to Mumbai as she wants to make her career in Bollywood.

"I love India and love Indian films. Mumbai reminds me of New York. The same energy and bustle and now I want to be part of it. I want to make a career in Bollywood," revealed the actress recently.

Interestingly, Sarah, who barely had any Hindi dialogues in 'Raajneeti', has recently appointed a Hindi teacher to learn Hindi.

Sarah said, she knows that to start a career in Bollywood “I need to know the language. So I got myself a teacher. Ab mujhe Hindi bolne aati hai."

Sarah has got a list of directors she would like to work with
After making her debut, in critically acclaimed filmmaker Prakash Jha’s high-profile film 'Raajneeti', Sarah now wants to work with other equally talented filmmakers in the industry.

It looks like Sarah has researched well as she has already made a list of directors with whom she would like to work in future.

"I want to meet Vishal Bhardwaj and Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra. In fact I am meeting Rakeysh Mehra shortly. I saw Rang De Basanti'and I said to myself, 'Why couldn't I have played the British girl in the film?' I've seen Vishal Bhardwaj's Kaminey twice. He's another Bollywood director I really want to work with," disclosed the American actress.

Ranbir and Prakash inspired Sarah to make career in Bollywood?
Sarah revealed that Jha and Kapoor’s support inspired her to think about making her career in Bollywood.

"Ranbir really took care of me. He made me feel so comfortable. Not for a minute did I feel like an outsider. If I've decided to make a career in Hindi cinema it's because of Ranbir and Prakashji who never let me feel like an outsider,” said Sarah.

Related:

Related Rajneeti Film:

No comments:

Post a Comment