Monday, June 14, 2010

Sarah Thompsons Bollywood Aspirations!

Bollywood has always attracted foreign actors because of its versatility. Starting from the era of Raj Kapoor, who brought the Russian actress Kseniya Ryabinkina for his movie Mera Naam Joker, to Rakesh Roshan, who has brought Mexican actress Barbara Mori for his latest flick Kites, Indian filmmakers have also offered good roles to the foreign talents.

Recently, in Prakash Jha’s much talked movie Rajneeti, we have seen another foreign actress, this time American Sarah Thompson, playing one of the key roles as Ranbir’s love interest.

Now, it is heard that the American actress was so impressed byBollywood films that she wants to make her career here in the Mumbai based film industry. In fact, she is polishing her Hindi with proper training in the language.

Sarah said, “In Rajneeti, I played a girl, who can’t speak Hindi. My ignorance of Hindi in real life was acceptable in that case. But, to further my career here, I need to learn the language. So, I am getting trained under a teacher, ‘ab mujhe Hindi bolne aati hai’."

She added, “This is my third visit to India, the country which I love so much. I am reminded of New York, whenever I visit Mumbai; the same enthusiasm and hustle bustle. My first visit to the country was during the shooting of a scene of Rajneeti in Bhopal. Then I came here for dubbing and now I am here for the release of the film. I want to do some more Bollywoodprojects, so I’m shifting to Mumbai.”

The actress has already prepared her list of Indian directors, with whom she aspires to work. Sarah informed, “I am interested to work with Vishal Bhardwaj and Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra. I am going to meet Mehra very soon, whose Rang De Basanti, has left me spellbound. I wish I could essay the role of the British girl in the film. I have already watched Vishal’s film Kaminey twice.”

Sharing her experience of working with Ranbir Kapoor in Rajneeti, she seemed to impressed by the young heartthrob. She said Ranbir has been very supportive throught the film’s shooting and she loved her work in Saawariya and Wake Up Sid!

No comments:

Post a Comment